The SDG Impact Accelerator will have the following key features:
- It adopts a “systems acceleration” approach. The full-fledged systems accelerator will include:
- Systems Lab to provide access to insights and information, through human-centred design techniques and systems tools, and a focus on specific grand challenges,
- Accelerator with a cohort structure to bring different stakeholders together around specific grand challenges and provide challenge-focused – instead of generic – acceleration services towards systems change by utilizing lean enterprise methods,
- Impact Investment Fund to provide alumni with direct access to flexible funding to scale-up.
- It is uniquely positioned to connect global knowledge with beneficiaries in refugees and LDC populations through a hub in Turkey. The first year will focus on refugees in Turkey. In the following years, solutions will be scaled to refugee populations around the world and specific local applications will be developed in the LDCs by utilizing a “sister city network” and UNDP’s SDG Accelerator Labs.
- It is a learning organization with conventional impact key performance indicators (KPIs) as well as KPIs to measure value generation on a larger scale. The SDG Impact Accelerator’s continuous interaction with both the field and accelerator alumni will not only help to refine its acceleration model, but also contribute to the dialogue on the international humanitarian, economic development and peace agenda.
- It also features participatory governance aligning the work of the Accelerator with the strategic objectives of its partners, including corporates, aid agencies, multilateral financial institutions, philanthropic foundations and impact investors